- Thirty West does accept both original, unpublished work and previously published pieces with proper literary acknowledgment. Work that appears on/in social media is not considered for acknowledgments.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but a note must be left in Submittable. Please withdraw and email us if it becomes accepted elsewhere.
- We are open to many themes, styles, and forms. We enjoy the succinct; your honed dagger into the heart of this world. Even some experimental and avant-garde will be considered. Surprise and entertain us so we won't forget your name. We will not accept aphorisms, fan fiction, erotica, or any racial/religious/gender/nationality slurs unless you identify with such.
- No submission fees (except for our annual chapbook contest or 'tip jar' submissions).
- For Tilde submissions: We do not accept previously published work, including social media writing. If accepted, we ask for First Serial Rights until published, then all rights revert to the contributor. If you choose to submit that work elsewhere in the future, we ask that you provide acknowledgment. (Tilde, Thirty West Publishing House 20xx)
*Additional information will be specified in individual categories where applicable.
Ends on December 31, 2019
The Weekly Degree wants to publish your poetry, fiction, non-fiction, and more! Content will be published every Sunday at 8 P.M. (20:00) Eastern Standard Time.
- We accept previously unpublished work.
- Thirty West asks for First Publication Rights for any work accepted that was not previously published. Acknowledging this also means you accept a permanent digital archive on www.thirtywestph.com.
- We are unable to pay our contributors at this time, but your article/piece/etc. will be promoted on thirtywestph.com/column for a week to an international audience.
- Please submit only once until your current submission has been decided on. If accepted, please wait 3 months (90 days) before submitting again.
- Poetry: 3 poems max.
- Fiction: Up to 3,000 words. Prefer standalone short stories but will consider serials for longer works. Specify in cover letter.
- Creative Non-Fiction: Up to 3,000 words. Prefer standalone short stories but will consider serials for longer works. Specify in cover letter.
- Photo/Art galleries: Please include a synopsis of the project. We give space for 10 individual files for visual art, photographs, etc.
- Book Reviews: Preferrably under 3,000 words. Please provide a photo of the book cover. If possible, please provide the author's email so we can reach out upon publication.
- Essays & Critical Reviews: Typically between 800-1200 words but let us know if your particular subject matter/thesis requires more length. Exceptions can be granted for the sake of clarity.
- A short 3rd person bio including any links for further viewing.